As sad as it is to hear, sometimes manufacturing defects happen and make their way out the door. Today SilencerCo has announced an immediate safety recall for OMEGA 300, OMEGA 36M, HYBRID 46, HYBRID 46M, and HARVESTER EVO purchased between June 1, 2023, through October 9, 2023, including ones sent to SilencerCo dealers. SilencerCo recently discovered a welding defect on these specific models of suppressors that could pose a threat to the user through catastrophic failure of the suppressor. SilencerCo has recommended that you immediately stop using your suppressor if it is indicated that it falls within the safety recall window, which you can check by entering your serial number on this page. The full text of the recall is below for your convenience.
More from SilencerCo @ TFB:
SilencerCo Issues Immediate Suppressor Safety Recall
STOP THE SALE OF AFFECTED SUPPRESSORS IMMEDIATELY.
We have detected that a limited number of SilencerCo suppressors are subject to a safety recall. We urgently request your help to keep customers safe. Please read the recall requirements below and follow these steps quickly so we can obtain and repair all affected suppressors. We appreciate your understanding
RECALL ISSUE: We have discovered a welding defect on certain suppressors that poses a safety threat to users. Weld defects may cause a catastrophic failure, creating a significant safety issue. Discontinue using potentially affected suppressors immediately until the serial number has been verified as not subject to the recall.
AFFECTED PRODUCTS: OMEGA 300, OMEGA 36M, HYBRID 46, HYBRID 46M and HARVESTER EVO purchased between June 1, 2023, through October 9, 2023.
What You Must Do:
1. IMMEDIATELY STOP SELLING Omega 300, Omega 36M, Hybrid 46, Harvester EVO, and Hybrid 46M suppressors.
2. IMMEDIATELY CHECK inventory sold since June 1, 2023. It may be subject to this recall. You can do this in one of three ways:
- Use the serial checker above to run a fast online serial number check for the silencers you have in your inventory or have sold since June 1, 2023
- Email [email protected] with the serial numbers for the silencers you have in your inventory or have sold since June 1, 2023.
- Call 801.417.5384 to have a SilencerCo representative conduct the serial number check while you are on the phone for the silencers you have in your inventory or have sold since June 1, 2023.
When contacting SilencerCo, please have the serial numbers for the affected silencers available for reference.
3. IMMEDIATELY EMAIL SILENCERCO a complete list of customers to whom you have shipped a recalled suppressor and include the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number, email
- Serial numbers by customer
Email to [email protected]. We will confirm your compliance with this requirement as soon as possible.
After completing the steps above, SilencerCo will immediately contact you for the return of all suppressors in your possession subject to the recall. SilencerCo will separately contact each customer you identify. SilencerCo will cover all of the shipping costs for the return and will repair your inventory as quickly as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience this recall may bring to your operations and will do our best to make it smooth. We are taking action quickly to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our customers.
If you have any questions with this request, please call SilencerCo at 801.417.5384.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Read the full article here