Don Lemon dropped by X, claims Elon Musk retaliated over their interview: He’s ‘mad at me’

Date:

Join Fox News for access to this content

Plus special access to select articles and other premium content with your account – free of charge.

Please enter a valid email address.

By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided.

Having trouble? Click here.

Former CNN host Don Lemon said that Elon Musk canceled a partnership he had with X because Musk was angered by their recent interview that has yet to be aired.

“Elon Musk is mad at me, and I just put out a statement about what happened between him, me and the interview that he is apparently so upset about,” Lemon said in a video he shared on social media. 

Lemon’s new streaming show had a partnership with Musk’s X, and the billionaire was also the program’s first guest. Lemon, who was fired from CNN last year, already taped the interview and detailed its future in a lengthy statement. 

DON LEMON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT CNN FIRING, SAYS HE FEELS ‘VINDICATED’ AFTER EX-BOSS WAS OUSTED

“Elon Musk has canceled the partnership I had with X, which they announced as part of their public commitment to amplifying more diverse voices on their platform. He informed me of his decision hours after an interview I conducted with him on Friday,” Lemon wrote in a statement posted on social media. 

The interview that Lemon conducted with Musk will remain the premiere episode of “The Don Lemon Show” on March 18. 

“Elon publicly encouraged me to join X with a new show, saying I would have his ‘full support,’ and that his ‘digital town square is for all.’ He and his team pursued the deal in numerous conversations and made significant commitments about the support X would provide for the show. I made the decision to work with them in a unique partnership that I believed would ultimately assure that my work would be available to most people, in the largest possible venue. I took Elon and his management’s team’s word that they, for the first time, were interested in working directly with new and diverse voices,” Lemon wrote. 

“There were no restrictions on the interview that he willingly agreed to, and my questions were respectful and wide-ranging, covering everything from SpaceX to the presidential election. We had a good conversation. Clearly he felt differently,” Lemon continued. “His commitment to a global town square where all questions can be asked and all ideas can be shared seems not to include questions of him from people like me.” 

ELON MUSK HITS BACK AT PRESS FOR ‘ANTI-IMMIGRANT’ LABEL: ‘NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH’

Musk

Lemon said his conversation with Musk will be available on YouTube, wherever podcasts are available and X. 

“This will be just the first of many episodes of ‘The Don Lemon Show.’ While Elon goes back on his word, I will be doubling down on my commitment to free speech and I cannot wait to get started,” Lemon wrote. 

When reached for comment by Fox News Digital, an X spokesperson provided the following statement. 

“X is a platform that champions free speech, and we’re proud to provide an open environment for diverse voices and perspectives. The Don Lemon Show is welcome to publish its content on X, without censorship, as we believe in providing a platform for creators to scale their work and connect with new communities. However, like any enterprise, we reserve the right to make decisions about our business partnerships, and after careful consideration, X decided not to enter into a commercial partnership with the show,” an X spokesperson wrote. 

Tech journalist Kara Swisher reported that Musk sent a “terse text” to Lemon’s reps stating “Contract terminated.” She gloated that she predicted that the partnership between Lemon and X wouldn’t work out.

“I had told Don that this is exactly what would occur… despite promises by Musk and CEO Linda Yaccarino — who extravagantly touted this deal at CES to advertisers — that this time was different,” she wrote on X.

This is a developing story, more to come…

Fox News Digital’s Joseph A. Wulfsohn contributed to this report. 

Read the full article here

spot_img

Share post:

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Popular

More like this
Related

Atogepant lowers rebound headache occurrence by 50%

A preventive drug for migraine proves effective at avoiding...

The Pyramid of Power: Big Tech’s Ties to the Intelligence Community

This article was originally published by Rhoda Wilson at...

The Walther PPK/S: Back in .32 ACP

Next Post Coming Soon...▶ The Walther PPK is a legendary...

Moscow Claims To Be Recruiting 1,000 Soldiers Per Day To War Cause

The Russian Defense Ministry is claiming to recruit 1,00...